At St Mary Magdalene's, our school council is a group of children that represents the views of all our pupils. It gives our children the opportunity to have their voices heard and be part of the whole school community. They help to makes decisions about school life and organise projects that support learning and development, such as organising charity events and theme days.
We value the opinions of our pupils and our school council gives pupils a forum to share these opinions with our school council staff representatives Mrs Peano and Mrs Ginn, Headteacher and other members of staff.
Who are the School Council representatives?
A new school council is elected each year and is made up of 2 representatives from each class from EYFS to Year 6. All school council representatives are elected by their peers at the beginning of each academic year.
School council aims:
- To meet regularly to discuss their views and be heard.
- To organise whole school and class events
- To organise charity days
- To make sure our school is a happy and safe place for all of our children
- To make sure children have a place to voice their concerns, opinions, and thoughts
- To encourage all children in school to suggest ideas and improvements
- To ensure any suggestions or concerns are listened to and acted upon.
This academic year we are raising money for the coach for the whole school trip to Blackpool Zoo in June 2024.